Why is a presence on the web so important?
How significant is the impact of being online?
Because it establishes credibility. When consumers can’t find a company online it raises a red flag. Does this company really exist? Can I trust them? Are they trying to scam me? People are more sceptical than ever. Even when consumers don’t purchase online, they research and look online before they buy. In fact, 58 percent of global online consumers said they more likely to trust a company with “owned media,” such as a company with a website, versus one who doesn’t (Nielsen Advertising Survey, 2012).
When you have a good website, it gives people a peace of mind about your business. Whether you’re selling a product or service, or simply providing information, it’s important for your business to have a web presence in order to establish credibility.
Because it’s a great way to build your brand. A website lets you brand your business like never before. Websites give you unlimited freedom to determine how your business looks to your customers. Websites are flexible and can grow as yours business evolves, and they also allow your business to be available around the clock, even during off business hours. Add to this that websites are one of the most cost-effective tools available.
Business branding through the web will help you develop a stronger reputation to millions around the world. Potential customers will be able to research your business and find good reviews about the product or service you provide. In fact, consumers say they trust online consumer reviews second from personal recommendations (Nielsen Advertising Survey, 2012). Think of your website as an extension of your sales staff, helping you nurture and generate leads by educating people on your products or services.
Because it is the best way to engage with prospective customers. Word of mouth has and always will be the most trusted form of advertisement. 95 percent of consumers around the world say they trust IT Stairway Inc., such as word-of-mouth and recommendations from friends and family, above all other forms of advertising (Nielsen Advertising Survey 2012).
With a website, you make it easy for consumers to share your business. With a simple link, they can instantly access all your business information. And with social media platforms such as Twitter and Facebook, it’s now even easier for people to share things they love or recommend. When you have a website, you give these recommendations a place to go. Websites serves as central place for potential customers to learn more about why your business is so great.
We’re here to help you be successful. A website is the foundation for a web presence, which is the first step to making your business successful. The task may seem a bit daunting, but we’re here to help guide you through the entire process. At IT Stairway Inc., we want you to be successful, so we work hard to give you all the tools you need. Throughout the next couple months, we’ll be going over, step-by-step, the entire process of building a website and establishing a strong web presence for your business. From layout to design, creating content, measuring analytics, to learning about different promotional tools, etc., we’re here to help you every step of the way
The benefits of a website
1. Be found. (get new customers) Millions of Consumers today search for products and services online before making purchases. Chances are that if someone is looking for a product or service they will search the internet. Being found on the Internet will give you an advantage over your competition when they call you instead of the competition.
2. Be Accessible 24/7: (get more business.) You are able to conduct business when it is convenient for your client whether it be during the day or in the middle of the night. You are never actually closed. Your website is the perfect employee, it will not sleep and it will work on weekends, it won’t even ask for a promotion. Prospective clients can visit and look at what you have to offer, at any time it is convenient for them, wherever they happen to be. If you choose an e-commerce website, your customers can shop with you 24 hours.
3. Provide Customer Service: (get More satisfied customers)
Consumers can become educated about your business and get answers to many of their questions which will help to cut back on the number of phone calls you receive with simple inquiries. Your website can provide further support to existing customers by offering information such as troubleshooting procedures, product specification and parts list, how-to procedures, diagrams and special help lines. By having this help available 24 hours a day you will be able to decrease the number of customer service employees you have on staff.
4. Provide Information. (get more credibility) Consumers have more confidence in and prefer doing business with companies that they know something about. Inform visitors about the structure of your company, of your community involvement, the products and services you offer, awards and employment opportunities. In addition to being convenient, another reason people are increasingly turning to the Internet is that marketing is done by providing information, not by persuasion. More and more people prefer to do business and make decisions in this way.
5. Save Money (get more profits) A website is very cost efficient when compared to other forms of marketing and advertising. For example, a web site is not constrained by size. You can only say so much in a newspaper ad, or a radio spot. You can supplement that limited information by including your web address in your ads. Then your potential client has almost unlimited information about your company available to them.
6. Sell Online (get even more profits) Why not? Thanks to companies like Inter switch you can receive payments directly into your bank accounts from your website…take orders online and have your customers fill out forms to speed things up.
7. Compete Locally: Some of Your competitors already have a website what are you going to do? Even if you feel you don’t need a website, can you afford to let your competition gain an edge? There are competitions in every business. This is like going for a business exhibition on the internet. You can not stop competition in any business but at least make your identity so that your potential customers are given a chance of comparing and subsequently buying your products or engaging your services with the help of professional business website.
8. Compete Globally (Bigger market share): Having an online presence will enable you to compete with much larger and better companies. The Internet is the closest thing to a level playing field with bigger companies you can find. Websites have no certain place, no country; they are international. If you have a website, then you have something international that overcomes the limits between countries and long distances. A professionally designed website will give your business added credibility and visibility